Safety Tip Lines
See Something, Say Something Tip Line
Students can report a tip regarding a safety concern and remain anonymous by using the
Northern York County Regional Police Tip Line: 717-467-8355
Students having any concerns or information involving potential threats upon individuals and/or property are strongly encouraged to contact school officials or local law enforcement immediately.
Report suspicious behavior & safety issues to help others.
IT'S EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
Safe2Say Something Tip Line
The District is pleased to announce that a new tool is being provided to all schools in Pennsylvania, the Safe2Say Something (S2SS) anonymous reporting system for students in grades 5 - 12, and it has been added to our layered approach to school safety. The S2SS program is being provided through Sandy Hook Promise, a nation-wide non-profit organization and it teaches students in grades 5 - 12 how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, of individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others and to say something to a trusted adult OR use its anonymous reporting system. The program connects the anonymous tip to local law enforcement, first response teams, and school administrators, as appropriate.
Specifically, the S2SS program educates participants to:
- Recognize the signs and signals of at-risk behaviors – especially within social media
- Take every sign and signal seriously; act quickly to get help by talking to a trusted adult OR report it anonymously through the S2SS Office of the Attorney General 24/7 Crisis Center, mobile app, or website
HOW IT WORKS
- Submit an anonymous tip report through the Safe2SaySomething system
- Crisis center reviews, assesses, and processes all submissions
- Crisis center sends all submissions to school administration and/or law enforcement for intervention
- If needed, the crisis center may contact tipster anonymously through the app
SAFE2SAY SOMETHING RESOURCES
Safe2Say Something Website
Safe2Say Something Brochure - English version
Safe2Say Something Brochure - Spanish version
SAFE2SAY SOMETHING INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS