All aquatics classes occur in the Spring Grove Area High School Natatorium at 1490 Roth's Church Road, Spring Grove, PA.
Questions? Contact SGASD Aquatics Director James Gingerich at 717-225-4731 ext. 7500 or email@example.com.
Registration for swimming and lifeguard classes is now available online. The paper forms are no longer available. We ask for your patience as we try online registration and payment for the first time. Thank you!
Summer Swim Lessons
The SGASD aquatics program follows the American Red Cross guidelines for swimming instruction.
- Parent/Tot: 3 years old and younger. A parent is in the water with the child.
- Pre-school Level 1 and 2: 3 years old to Kindergarten. Needs assistance to float on back and put face in the water.
- Pre-school Level 2 and 3: 3 years old to Kindergarten. Can float on back unassisted, trying to move through the water independently.
- School Age Level 1 and 2: Kindergarten and older. Has limited water experience, tries to float unassisted, goes under the water willingly.
- School Age Level 2: Kindergarten and older. Floats unassisted, goes under the water willingly, attempts to do some swimming motion through the water.
- School Age Level 3 and 4: Kindergarten and older. Working on correct breathing, stroke technique, and endurance.
Summer Session - Swim LessonsCost: $45.00Dates: June 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 2023Times & Levels (One level per child):
- Parent/Tot - 11:20 AM - 11:50 AM - Click here to register
- Preschool Level 1 & 2 - 10:45 AM - 11:15 AM - Click here to register
- Preschool Level 2 & 3 - 10:10 AM - 10:40 AM - Click here to register
- School Age Level 1 & 2 - 9:35 AM - 10:05 AM - Click here to register
- School Age Level 3 & 4 - 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM - Click here to register
Registration Deadline: May 31, 2023
Summer Family Swims
Dates and Times:
12:30 PM - 4:15 PM on the following dates:
- June 5, 6, 7, 8
- June 12, 13, 14, 15
- June 19, 20, 21, 22
- June 26, 27, 28, 29
- July 5 and 6
- July 10, 11, 12, 13
- July 17, 18, 19, 20
- July 24, 25, 26, 27
- $2.00 - Adults 18 years and older
- $1.00 - Children 5 years to 18 years old
- Free - Under 5 years old
- Non-swimmers must have an adult in the water with them at all times.
- Children 10 years old and younger must have an adult with them at the pool.
- No registration is necessary.
Cancellations and Refunds
- All sales are final
- Makeup lessons are not available for missed classes.
- Refunds are given only if a sudden medical condition limits the ability to participate in the classes in which you are registered.
- If a lesson is canceled due to pool maintenance or repair, the cancellation will be posted on the District website and the District Facebook and Twitter pages.
- All sales are final
- Wear proper swimming suits. No street clothing.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Obey the lifeguard at all times.
- Children 10 years and younger must be supervised by an adult.
- Non-swimmers and swimmers using flotation devices must be with an adult and remain in the shallow end of the pool at all times.
- Diving and jumping in designated areas only.
- No flips or back diving.
- No running, pushing, or any type of horseplay on the pool deck.
- Pool toys are allowed in the shallow end of the pool only.
- No food or drink is allowed in the locker rooms or in the pool area.