The mission of the Spring Grove Area School District, in partnership with families, businesses, and community organizations, is to provide a safe and engaging learning environment that will challenge and motivate all students to demonstrate continual growth on assessments and to attain their full potential while preparing for the future.
Supported by dedicated staff, students, parents, and the community, the Spring Grove Area School District is committed to pursuing excellence in education. By setting clear and measurable goals, analyzing data for informed decisions, employing best practices, engaging in effective communication, participating as a community of learners, and utilizing resources and technology wisely, we can create an academic environment in which all students can achieve their full potential.
We will treat all people with equality, dignity, and respect; we will educate all students to understand, accept, and value all members of the world community; and we invite the community at large to join with us in support of this mission.
Spring Grove Area School District’s Comprehensive Plan has been approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for implementation during the July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2022, cycle. This plan was developed during the 2017-2018 school year. Individuals representing a cross-section of the District’s stakeholders contributed to the updated plan. These goals will guide the District’s planning presently and in the future.
District Operational Plan
The Board of School Directors, in regular session at the June 27, 2022 voting meeting, approved the 2022-2023 District Operational Plan items as indicated within the body of the document.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Redefine and expand instructional technology and learning options for students and staff
- Continue to evaluate and implement options for our own programming for students with complex needs
- Explore additional curricular programs to offer students opportunities to broaden post-secondary options
- Continue consumer-driven benefit options to expand whole employee wellness including physical, emotional, financial, professional, and community wellness
- Continue the implementation of Frontline upgrade of Human Resources Management System (HRMS) / Professional Growth
- Continue master planning for repurposing and/or disposition of district facilities not currently used for instruction and improving the function of existing facilities