2021-2022 School Year
For the 2021-2022 school year, the Spring Grove Area School District is returning to the familiar learning environment and will be welcoming all students back into our school buildings. Traditional Learning in the classroom will occur five days a week, in accordance with the approved school calendar.
Students and families who are in need of a non-traditional learning environment have the option to request admission into our SGFlex program that has been expanded to include asynchronous independent online learning at home and synchronous daily live instruction at home.
Our traditional learning environment will be enhanced with various learning technologies to provide the highest quality learning experience to our in-person learners.
All teachers will have an online presence in Seesaw or Schoology that will serve as a digital home base to supplement their classroom instruction. Specifically, it will allow teachers to meet the needs of our in-person learners by:
- Providing differentiated instructional resources
- Granting individual students a voice and choice in their learning
- Promoting extended learning outside of the classroom
- Organizing resources for student/parent to access at home
Having a digital home base as a regular part of traditional instruction also allows for:
- Continued instruction if a student or staff member needs to quarantine for COVID-19 reasons
- A seamless transition to Virtual Learning at Home if a situation such as inclement weather or a major facilities issue would occur that would cause the need to close an entire classroom, individual building, or the entire district.
Additionally, all teachers will be prepared to use Zoom (when appropriate) to conduct meetings and broadcast live and/or archived videos of instructional activities.
SGFlex (Spring Grove Flexible Learning Experience) is designed to provide students with flexible learning options beyond what is offered in our traditional learning environment. Since its inception approximately five years ago, and with the knowledge gained from the COVID-19 experience, SGFlex has been enhanced and expanded to continually adapt to the evolving needs of our learners.
SGFlex is available for students in grades Kindergarten through 12. Instructional delivery is tailored to the grade level to best meet the needs of our students. To learn more about the SGFlex instructional delivery options, please visit the SGFlex website here.