Become A Substitute
Guest Teacher Substitutes
We are looking for qualified and dependable substitute teachers willing to fill in on short notice or who can pick future days using our convenient online absence management system.
- Individuals who have earned a bachelor’s degree in any field of study are eligible to apply. Must have valid clearances, TB test, and physical to begin working.
- The Lincoln Intermediate Unit (LIU) 12 has a substitute teacher training program, including an online course, to help you prepare to be a substitute teacher.
→ Apply to become a Guest Substitute through the LIU 12 website.
Certified and Other Substitutes
Individuals with a PA Teaching Certification are eligible to apply for certified substitute teaching.
Spring Grove Area School District is actively searching for people to work as substitute aides, secretaries, cooks, and custodians. If you have the heart to help students but don't have a teaching certificate or a bachelor's degree, there is a place for you.
- Instructional Assistants: Special Education, Autistic Support, Personal Care
- Nutrition Services Cook
- Custodial and Maintenance
- View Internal Openings
- Submit Internal Application/Transfer Form
- Continue/Modify My Employment Application
The Spring Grove Area School District is an equal opportunity institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, genetic information, age, or disability in any of its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, the American Disabilities Act. For more information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, please contact SGASD at 717-225-4731.