RULES FOR STUDENT RIDERS
- Students must remain seated in their assigned seats while the bus is in motion.
- Students may talk quietly but must refrain from making excess noise.
- Students must express their ideas and opinions in a respectful manner without offending or slandering others and without the use of profane language.
- At no time should a student extend any body part or throw any object out bus windows.
- Gum chewing, eating, drinking, or use of any tobacco products, drugs or alcohol will not be allowed while on the bus.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the school bus. Students are not permitted to bring animals on the school bus.
At no time may a student bring a firearm, explosive, knife, matches or anything of objectionable nature on the school bus.
- All carry-on items (i.e. school projects, instruments, etc.) must be placed on the student’s lap or placed at the student’s feet.
Items may not be placed in the aisle and may not interfere with other passengers.
- Violation of these rules and regulations will lead to disciplinary action by the school principal and possible bus suspension.
RULES OF THE ROAD
Pennsylvania law states that when you meet or overtake a stopped school bus with red signal lights flashing and stop arm extended, DRIVERS MUST STOP
You MUST STOP at least ten (10) feet away from the school bus.
You MUST WAIT until the red lights have stopped flashing and the stop arm has been withdrawn before moving.
DO NOT MOVE until all children have reached a place of safety.
Violation of the PA School Bus Stopping Law involves the following penalties:
District Policy #810 forbds entry onto a school bus by any unauthorized individual.
Parents and guardians are not allowed on district buses. Failure to adhere to this policy may result in legal action.