District K-12 Charging Procedures for Nutrition Services
To ensure the effective operation of the Spring Grove Area School District’s Nutrition Program, the following guidelines for payment of student school meals will be followed:
- The District will permit students to charge a meal for breakfast and lunch on a daily basis when the student forgets or loses his/her money or when his/her account has insufficient funds. The charged meals will be compliant with the National School Breakfast/Lunch Program meal requirements, regardless of the status of the student’s meal account balances. The student’s parent/guardian will still be responsible for the account balances accrued when student charges meals.
- Al La Carte items (extra entrée, ice teas, snacks, ice cream) are not part of the National School Breakfast/Lunch Program and will not be able to be charged.
- The Nutrition Department will provide parent/guardian information on payment options (including credit card and free and reduced meal applications).
- The Nutrition Department will notify parent/guardian when the student’s account reaches a low balance ($5.00). An automated e-mail will be sent to the address in the online payment system.
- The Nutrition Department will notify the parent/guardian when the student’s account reaches a negative balance (-$10.00). A phone call will be made by either the head cook of the school or Support Services Secretary from the ESC.
- Nutrition Services will send a letter to the parent/guardian when the student’s account reaches a negative balance (-$30.00).
- Nutrition Services Department will issue a certified letter to the parent/guardian when the account reaches a negative balance (-$75.00).
- The student's account will be turned over to the business office when the account reaches (-$100.00). The business department will forward the account to the District’s collection services.