Try it Out
1. Test DriveLet's take each of these tools for a test spin. Use the instructions below to try out Educreations and Screencast-O-Matic. Don't worry about having a detailed topic right now, just try each one out to see how they work.You will need a microphone to record your voice with these tools. Please visit your building's help center to sign one out.
2. Creating Tutorial Examples for Your Students
Now let's create some tutorials for your content/subject area. Please make 2 tutorials using Educreations and/or Screencast-O-Matic. Since you gave each one a test run, use the tool that best fits for what you want to show or the tool you preferred to use.
- Create a document that you can copy and paste the links for your tutorials into (only if you use Educreations)
- Review the Creating Tutorials Tips.
- Create your 2 tutorials. Don't forget to copy and paste the link for each tutorial into your document.
- When you are finished, please return the headset microphone to your building's help center.
3. Share Your Best (only if you used Educreations)Take a look at the 2 tutorials you made and decide which one you are the most proud of. Click on the link below to submit yours. Once you submit, you will be able to view other examples that were created and shared by teachers in the district.We can only do this sharing with Educreations. Screencast-o-matic requires uploading the videos later to Schooltube, a site that houses educational videos.
4. Getting Students into the ActionNow that you have created your own tutorials, it's time to think about how to get your students into the mix. Please view the presentation below and then click on the Getting Students Involved link to share your thoughts.