Official Transcript - signed, dated, stamped, sealed and sent by a school official; remains official only when sealed and/or submitted directly by the school. If a scholarship requires an official transcript, you must submit the application and all supplemental documentation to the counseling office at least ONE WEEK prior to the deadline for processing. Office staff will then submit all items to the scholarship on your behalf.
Unofficial Transcript - unsigned, undated, unstamped, and unsealed; not required to be submitted directly by school; Current students can obtain updated transcript copies in their student Sapphire portal.
Updated 11/23/22 8:30 am
Please pay attention to the deadlines listed on the Scholarship Bulletins, as well as the scholarship applications.
A scholarship requesting an OFFICIAL transcript is due to the Counseling Office at least one week prior to the deadline listed on the application - this is to ensure we can process your documentation and get it mailed/portmarked for you. Any scholarship not requiring an OFFICIAL transcript does not need to be submitted to the Counseling Office unless otherwise indicated in the Scholarship Bulletin.
For all applications to be submitted by the Counseling Office for a scholarship, you are responsible for ensuring you have turned in all required documentation. This includes the application, essays, letters of recommendation, and any other supplemental documents. Transcripts and/or report cards requested will be provided by Office Staff.
It is not advisable to wait until the day of or the day before due dates to seek help on a scholarship. If you have questions about scholarships, requirements, documentation needed, deadlines, etc., please come see us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so that we can best assist you.
Other Scholarship Resources
Check out the following websites for suggestions, applications, and ideas for funding your college education!
- College Board: www.collegeboard.org
- College Net: www.collegenet.com
- FastWEB: https://www.fastweb.com/
- FinAid: www.finaid.org
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Go College: www.gocollege.com
- PHEEA: http://www.pheaa.org/
- Sallie Mae: https://www.salliemae.com/college-planning/
- Scholarships: www.scholarships.com
- Unigo: https://www.unigo.com/scholarships/our-scholarships
- Wired Scholar: www.wiredscholar.com
INTRODUCING THE CAREER & TECHNICAL EDUCATION STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
The new Career & Technical Education Student Scholarship is designed exclusively for Pennsylvania students enrolled in a state-approved Career and Technical Education program. We believe in the value of hands-on education. This $2,000 annual scholarship can make a big difference.
To take advantage of this opportunity, students must:
- Be a Pennsylvania resident
- Enroll as a first-time, full-time student
- Have completed a minimum of one year (or 360 hours) in a Pennsylvania Department of Education approved Career and Technical Education (CTE) program
- Earn a 2.0 cumulative GPA for all CTE completed coursework
- Submit the Penn College Scholarship Application
- Submit final, official CTC/CTE transcript
Click HERE for more information.
NO SWEAT SCHOLARSHIP
Tony Dobrosky Future Leaders Award