PA Department of Education
Special Kids Network Program
Special Kids Network helps children and youth with special health care needs and their families receive the services and support they require in order to thrive in the community and develop to their full potential.
This is accomplished by utilizing:
* A toll-free help line (800.986.4550) which:
1. Operates Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2. Answered by trained staff
3. Connects families to resources
* Service coordination provided to families, such as:
1. In-home visits by a nurse or social worker at no cost to the family
2. Individualized assistance to navigate the system and coordinate necessary services
3. Support and advocacy services
* A system of community and regional support, utilizing:
1. Regional Coordinators (all parents of children and youth with special health care needs)
* Facilitate opportunities for families, youth and others who work with families to identify issues of concern through:
o Parent Youth Professional Forums
o Family gatherings
o Special Kids Network Meetings
* To improve systems of care and support for children and youth with special health care needs and their families
Questions concerning the Special Kids Network should be directed to Jane Marsteller, Family Adviser with the Pennsylvania Department of Health at 717.772.2763 or email@example.com.