~SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT~
Welcome to SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING, a course that explores the exciting world of marketing in the fast-paced,
ever-changing, public realms of sports and entertainment.
Throughout this semester course, we will cover the following topics:
What is Sports and Entertainment Marketing?
Sports and Entertainment Means Business
The Wide World of Sports and Entertainment
Hit a Home Run with Customers
The Marketing Game Plan
The Product Is Sports and Entertainment
Sports and Entertainment Promotion
Selling Sports and Entertainment
· Tests will be taken on the day assigned. If you are absent, it is your responsibility to arrange a testing time either during a study hall or before or after school to make up your exam.
· You will be given a one-week grace period to make-up any test missed due an absence. Should the test not be made up within that time frame, you will receive a zero. Should unforeseen circumstances arise, these issues will be discussed on a one-to-one basis.
· Throughout each Unit, you will be asked to complete various assignments that pertain to the concepts being presented
· Assignments are to be completed individually, unless otherwise noted by Miss Coffman
· Most assignments are done in class, but when homework is assigned, it is to be completed by the due date.
· Homework assignments will be accepted 1 day after the due date for ½ credit only.
· After that day, late work will not be accepted, and a zero will be recorded for that assignment.
· You will complete numerous projects and will apply your knowledge of the concepts through a variety of ways including simulations.
· Projects and applications are expected to be submitted by the due date.
· As with classwork/homework, P/S will be accepted 1 day after the due day for ½ credit only.
· After that day, late work will not be accepted and will result in a zero.
· It is expected that you will come to class prepared each day. It is your responsibility to bring paper, a folder, and a writing utensil to class every day. (It is also recommended that you bring a calculator to class.)
· It is expected that you will participate in class discussions and group assignments. Your success in this class is dependent upon your attention, participation, and willingness to play an active role in your education.
· Some class periods will involve discussion of a chapter or handout, and it is expected that you are able to contribute to these discussions. Thus, be sure that you read each chapter or selection as assigned.
· Each marking period, you will be granted 45 participation points. (Essentially, this amounts to one point per day.) Points are lost if you incur an unexcused absence, come to class unprepared, refuse to participate in a class activity, are disruptive in class, sleep (put your head down), or perform other classroom distractions.
· This is intended to encourage participation and reward those who do and should be an asset to you at the end of each marking period!