The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) are the standards for learning, teaching, and leading in the digital age and are widely recognized and adopted worldwide.
Why are they important?
The NETS set a standard of excellence and best practices in learning, teaching, and leading with technology in education. The benefits include:
• Improving higher-order thinking skills, such as problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity
• Preparing students for their future in a competitive global job market
• Designing student-centered, project-based, and online learning environments
• Guiding systemic change in our schools to create digital places of learning
• Inspiring digital age professional models for working, collaborating, and decision making
Click on the links below for specific standards in each area.
NETS - Students NETS - Teachers NETS_Administrators