Lessons 8 and 9 Resources
Extended Learning Technology Enrichment Lesson: #8
1. Students will be able to create a slide show using Animoto.
Thumbnail – a preview of an image. A thumbnail should not be used in a project (will look blurry ).
- What are 3 things you can include in an Animoto video ? ( any 3 below ) [Discuss with partner for 30 seconds.]
- Bell Ringer
- Give overview of project : We will be creating an Aninoto slide show as a way to thank a parent or relative for Valentine’s Day. You might want to include pictures of places you have gone together, activities you have done together, or a gift they have gotten you in the past.
Create a slideshow on the following topic: I am Thankful For …
· Must have at least 15 pictures
· Must have at least 7 text slides
· Find pictures online to use
- Create a folder in their student drive called Animoto project
- Decide on who your slide show is for ( Mom, Dad, Grandparent, Parents (together ), etc. )
- Decide what types of things to show in your slideshow.
- Find images to use for your slideshow. Images need to be saved into your Animoto folder ( do not copy and paste into Word or PowerPoint) Open the image, right click, save image as.
- Remind students to open the image and save, do not save the thumbnail image
- When the student has 15 images saved, they can log into Animoto.com
How do you save an image from a website?